Hosted on our partner site, Springshare LibGuides CMS
- Currently we only require your CTC Link number, however in the future you may need your SVC ID Card
- Your SVC ID card is your library card. Current SVC students, faculty and staff may obtain a library barcode at the Circulation Services desk. (On MV campus, get Student IDs at Student Services. On Whidbey campus, get Student IDs at the the library)
- Can I get a book from the other SVC library? Circulating materials from either the Mount Vernon or Whidbey Campus Libraries of Skagit Valley College can be borrowed. They can be transported via the campus courier.
- How do I log-in from off campus? Use your student log-in (same as you use for accessing Canvas or SVC email) for remote (off-campus) access to electronic resources, such as our Databases and eBooks.
- How do I request something from another library (Inter-library loan)? You can request materials from other libraries through InterLibrary Loan Services by speaking with an SVC librarian.
- Can I use the SVC library if I am from another Washington State college library? Students at other Washington State community & technical colleges and Western Washington University have borrowing privileges at the SVC library at no cost. They must present a current student ID card or proof of current registration.
- Can I use the SVC library if I live in the community but am not a current student? Community members in Skagit, Island, or San Juan Counties may purchase an annual library card for $20. This card allows community members to borrow books and other library materials.
Laptops and Hotspots:
When can I get my laptop? Laptops and hotspots will be available for checkout on the first day of the quarter in which a student is enrolled.
- How early in the quarter can I check a laptop out? Early laptop and hotspot check out for specific programs (like BeDA and ELA) will be posted on our library website and social media pages prior to the beginning of each quarter. This is usually the day before classes begin.
- How do I log in to an SVC laptop? Students will find a sticker on the inside of the laptop that shows the login username and password for SVC laptops.
- When do I have to return the laptop I borrowed? Students must return all laptops and hotspots at the end of each quarter. Students can contact Security for drop off after hours.
- Mount Vernon
- What if I have more questions? If you have questions, please contact our Circulation staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at:
- Mount Vernon
- What if there are no available hotspots and I need Internet connection? If there are no hotspots available, students can refer to:
How long are loan periods for library materials?
- Periods vary according to the type of material borrowed.
- Here are loan periods for the most commonly checked out items:
* Items are renewable unless someone else has requested them.
Item Checkout Period Renewal Books 21 days Two additional 21-day periods.* Periodicals 21 days Two additional 21-day renewal periods.* CDs, Videos and DVDs 7 Days Two additional 7-day renewal periods.* Laptops 1 Quarter Renewals not allowed Library use only laptops 4 hours Three additional 4-hour renewal periods.*
** Only currently-enrolled SVC students may check out student laptops. SVC staff and faculty please contact SVC Library for more information about available technology.
- As the card holder of record, you are responsible for all materials borrowed using your card. Do not loan your card to anyone else.
- If your card is lost, please notify the library immediately by calling
(MVC),or 360.416.7837 (WIC), so usage can be blocked. 360.378.5322
|© 2022 Skagit Valley College|