When an instructor determines that a student has violated the SVC Academic Honor Code:
• S/he will contact the student to discuss the situation as soon as possible prior to the posting of final grades and allow the student to present his/her perspective on the case (meeting with the student is not required in subsequent occurrences of academic dishonesty);
• The instructor will document the incident and contact the appropriate student conduct officer;
• The instructor may invite the student conduct officer to join in the meeting with the student and/or the officer may hold a separate disciplinary conference with the student.
• The instructor will determine how to grade the assignment and/or the course in keeping with the policies outlined in the course syllabus.
• Instructors are to grade course assignments in light of work completed during the current quarter only.
• The student conduct administrator will decide what, if any, college disciplinary action will be taken.