SVCcaptures is a fun and easy way to feel connected, creative, and to de-stress. If you join our hashtag (#svccaptures), every other week you will see 3 random prompts to draw or create a piece that covers all 3 prompts and post it to our hashtag.
What do I need?
- a cell phone that you can take pictures with
- an Instagram account
- a smidge of "think-out-of-the-box" attitude and an ounce of creative spirit!
How do I do it?
- check on Instagram for #svccaptures
- you will find 3 prompts - an action, some garb (something to wear or hold), and a description. The prompts will be pretty silly, something like:
- chatting with a deer
- holding a scepter
- very tall
- you will also find a specific hashtag that goes with the specific prompts for the post of the week
- create a piece of art that follows ALL 3 prompts - any medium (draw it with a pencil, paint it, make it with legos or cardboard, collage it!)
- take a picture and post your piece on Instagram with BOTH hashtags: #svccaptures AND #________ (the prompt specific one that is provided with each post)
- still not sure? You can find some examples here: #tallscepterholdingdeerchatting
- even if you don't want to participate, just follow the hashtags to see your friends' posts!
Who can join?
- any aged person - do it with your kids or your grandparents!
Are there any rules?
- not really, you can spend a lot of time on it, or a little
- it can be a quick sketch or an elaborate painting or sculpture
- you can use any kind of medium as long as it follows the 3 prompts
- keep it clean for the kids
One more thing:
- we reserve the right to take down any posts deemed inappropriate.