“Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for Elbow Tendon Tear.” Colorado Rehabilitation, https://coloradorehabilitation.com/platelet-rich-plasma-prp-elbow-tendon-tear/. Accessed 10 Dec. 2019.
- This is an effective source because it talks about tears in ligaments. PRP is typically used for only partial tears, that is because PRP is meant to speed up the healing process. Full tears typically require surgery.
Fosam, Helen. “Review of the Evidence Behind Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy.” Rheumatology Advisor, Haymarket Media, 12 Jan. 2019, www.rheumatologyadvisor.com/home/topics/osteoarthritis/review-of-the-evidence-behind-platelet-rich-plasma-therapy/.
- This source is good for the evidence behind " PRP " therapy and what it does and how effective it is. The long term and short term effects.
Davis, Tiffany. “Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy: A Promising Option.” The Hughston Clinic, 1 July 2019, https://www.hughston.com/platelet-rich-plasma-therapy/.
Reprinted with permission from the Hughston Health Alert, Volume 28,Number 3, Summer 2016.
- This source talks about the about tendon injuries and the different uses and varieties of PRP. Not only is it on the elbow but almost any ligament or joint.
“Platelet-Rich Plasma: Does It Work?” Www.PainScience.Com, https://www.painscience.com/articles/platelet-rich-plasma-does-it-work.php. Accessed 26 Nov. 2019.
Talks about specific athletes and the success it can have on their career. It can change some ones career length. The long term effects and how long it last.
Mtbaker Pain Clinic » PRP Therapy. https://mtbakerpainclinic.com/treatments/prp-therapy/. Accessed 26 Nov. 2019.
-This is a good source for PRP becasause other injuries can lead to another and this is what that shows.
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections: Purpose & Effectiveness. https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/platelet-rich-plasma-injections#1. Accessed 2 Dec. 2019.
I personally like this source because it lets you know things you need to know before you get the shot. If you are thinking about getting it, I highly recommend this.
Pitchers Strasburg & Salazar Hope PRP Therapy Can Heal Them for the MLB Playoffs. https://www.prptreatments.org/pitchers-strasburg-salazar-hope-prp-therapy-can-heal-them-for-the-mlb-playoffs/. Accessed 2 Dec. 2019.
- This is a real example of a professional baseball player who had the same things I did. He came out and had a successful outcome and shows that the PRP has more and better outcomes every time a professional player has it.
Repanich, Jeremy. “Athletes Turn to PRP Therapy, But Is It Cheating?” Popular Mechanics, 27 Apr. 2010, https://www.popularmechanics.com/outdoors/sports/baseball/platelet-rich-plasma-therapy-sports.
- This talks about the rules about PRP. The question is, Is it cheating? The answer is no, because it is a medical need, same thing as if you had surgery.
Wilson, John. “Pros and Cons of Using PRP for Tendon Injuries.” Sports-Health, https://www.sports-health.com/treatment/regenerative-medicine/pros-and-cons-using-prp-tendon-injuries. Accessed 4 Dec. 2019.
- This is another great pre-procedure source because it has the ups and downs of PRP. The down part of it, which for me was the pain of the injection and the soreness after. That lasted for about 24 hours.