- Typography is not prescribed in the CSE Manual.
- The library suggests using 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Use double-spacing throughout the entire paper.
- Leave 1 in. margins on top, bottom, and sides.
The basic components of an original research article are introduction, methods, results, and discussion. CSE does not specify a format for the body of a college paper, so ask your instructor for clarification. The following guidelines are suggested:
- Include paper title and your name, and other pertinent information (centered).
- Omit a header and page number on the cover page.
Body of the paper or report:
- Add a header after the cover page. The header should contain the title and page number (starting with 2).
- Double space the entire paper and use 1 inch margins.
- If you use sections like "Abstract, Introduction, Discussions", center the section title on the page.
- Start your "End References" section on a new page.